A couple of days ago, I created a friends list called, "Mafia Friends" and added all of my friends to it that were playing Mafia Wars. My hope was that I could use this list to publish the many Mafia achievement notices too (that way others won't have to look at them). Sadly, Mafia Wars didn't give me the option to publish those posts to a specific friends list ... so I decided to delete it.
If you have a similar friends list you'd like to delete, here are the steps to do so.
- At the top of your Facebook page, you'll see a blue toolbar. Click "Friends" on it.
- When you get to the Friends page, on the left side of the screen look under the heading, "Lists" for the list you've created (and want to delete).
In my case, the list I want to delete, is called, "Mafia Friends"
Click on the list you want to delete.
- At the top of the next screen (above your friends), you'll see a gray button that reads, "Delete List". Click on it to delete the list.
Note that when you delete a friends list, the friends that were in this list are still your friends, they just don't belong to this list anymore.
UPDATE: Feb, 17, 2010:
Naturally the Faecebook programmers decided they needed to change the layout once again on Facebook so these "how to" instructions are not completely accurate anymore - but the concept is the same. You can still create and delete special friends lists in the new Facebook. But now, you'll want to follow the instructions below:
- Click ACCOUNT and then EDIT FRIENDS (top right corner of Facebook screen)
- Under "Lists" in the left navigation, click FRIENDS
- The DELETE LIST button is now above your friends.