While MP Navigator is nice software, sometimes it stops working. Folks running 64-bit versions of Windows 7 or Vista often see the error "MP Navigator has stopped working" when they click the icon to run the program. And unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling the software doesn't seem to fix the problem.
The other day I was working on a computer that had this problem and after several email exchanges with suggestions from Canon tech support, the problem persisted. I finally found the answer on a forum and wanted to share the solution here.
If you see a consistent error message, "MP Navigator has stopped working" you might want to try these steps. First thing you have to do though, is show your hidden folders. To do this ...
- Click the START button and then CONTROL PANEL
- Open APPEARANCE & PERSONALIZATION
- Open FOLDER OPTIONS
- Click VIEW tab
- Under Advanced Settings, click "Show hidden files, folders,and drives"
- Click OK to exit window
\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts\My Web Sites on MSN
For those folks who don't understand how to find a file using the path above, follow the instructions below:
- Click the START button and then COMPUTER
- Double click the C-Drive
- Double click the folder named USERS
- Double click your user folder (it may have your name or say HP Administrator on it)
- Double click the folder named APPLICATION DATA (App Data)
- Double click the folder named ROAMING
- Double click the folder named MICROSOFT
- Double click the folder named WINDOWS
- Double click the folder named NETWORK SHORTCUTS
- If you see an icon (or file) named "My MSN Shortcuts", delete it (and confirm deletion)