If you still wish to use Skype but find the program isn't working anymore or freezes up on you. Then you may wish to try uninstalling it and then reinstalling the latest version of Skype. This may fix the problem.
To uninstall Skype from computers running WinXP:
- Click the START BUTTON and then CONTROL PANEL
- Open ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS
- Scroll own the list (when it becomes available) and find Skype
- Highlight Skype (single-left click) and then click the REMOVE button (and follow any prompts); Reboot the computer if asked to.
To uninstall Skype from computers running Windows Vista and 7:
- Click the START BUTTON and CONTROL PANEL
- Open PROGRAMS and FEATURES
- Find Skype in the list of programs and highlight it
- Click the UNINSTALL or REMOVE button
Once Skype is uninstalled, you can reinstall the latest version if you like. To download the latest version of Skype, click here. You'll be asked to log in to your existing Skype account or create a new one.
For more information about using Skype, click here.