Here's what's happening ...
In the past, Cableone hosted their own in-house email servers. Instead of continuing to do this, they have now partnered with Google to use the Gmail servers instead. So what does this mean to you?
Not a whole lot, but you do need to follow some steps to migrate your email over to the new system. First, here's what you need to know:
- You do NOT need to sign up for Gmail
- Your email address will stay the same
- You will be asked to create a new password that is at least 8 characters long (and contains a capital letter and number). If you're password already met this requirement, then you won't need to create a new password.
The actual process consists of a couple of steps.
- Log into your existing cableone account on the web and follow the prompts (creating a new password)
- Click the link (when asked) to activate your new account
- Reconfigure your email settings (if you use web mail, you don't need to do this step).
- POP3: pop3.gmail.com (Port 995 with SSL)
- SMTP: smtp.gmail.com (Port 465 with SSL)
If you are comfortable reconfiguring your email settings, here are a few links to help you.
If you use Outlook Express for email, click here for step by step instructions on reconfiguring your email.
If you use Windows Mail for email, click here for step by step instructions on reconfiguring your email.
For help reconfiguring other email clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, iPhone, etc.), click here.
If you'd like to speak with a Cableone tech, call 1-877-692-2253.